Garmin StreetPilot c550
StreetPilot c550 includes more sensitive GPS reception than earlier c-series models, a TMC traffic receiver, MP3 playback, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Many of Garmin's older units use a separate external traffic receiver. The c550's new design makes space for a traffic receiver inside the power supply, helping reduce extra cable clutter.
Like c340, StreetPilot c550 can speak street names and includes preloaded maps for the United States and Canada.
Models in the StreetPilot c-series include a 3D map view and have a simplified menu system that's newer than the 2600 series but with slightly fewer options.
- 50 US states
- Puerto Rico
- nuvi 660 - next step up in features; also has a built-in traffic receiver (like the c550)
- StreetPilot c340 - similar, without MP3 playback or Bluetooth; TMC traffic is not included but available as an option
Keyword variations: Street Pilot c550, SP c550, SP550, c-550, c 550
Reviews & Comparisons
- Link to Jack Yeazel's review of StreetPilot c550 at gpsinformation.net
- Link to Craig Ellison's review of StreetPilot c550 at pcmag.com
- Link to Bonnie Cha's review of StreetPilot c550 at cnet.com